Saturday, October 17, 2009

Moving

My grandparents are moving in one week - for the first time in about 8 years. My mom spent the day at their apartment packing up the kitchen. It sounds like it was a huge task. My grandmother used to do lots of cooking and baking, but hasn't much in the last few years. They found all sorts of pots and pans, cookware, baking items, spices - you name it, they found it - within their small kitchen!

Then they tackled the pantry. They have a deep pantry so sometimes things got lost in the back - lost for years lost. The descriptions of what somethings looked like when Mom pulled them out of the pantry made me feel nauseous just having them described on the phone. I can't imagine what it was like to actually be there and experience it first hand.

At the end of the day there were: (1) several trips to Goodwill; (2) boxes of items to move, to take to the church rummage sale, or to store at my aunt's house; (3) five bags of trash; (4) three bags of recycling; (5) a goal to clean our pantries this weekend by both my mom and me!

No comments: