So, someone I greatly admire is sponsoring a book-a-day reading challenge for the summer. See her post here. My goal is 79 books for summer 2011, following her rules. Can I do it?
1. The Day of the Pelican by Katherine Patterson - young adult - story of one family's experience with Kosovo, ethnic cleansing, and immigration to America - 8/10
2. School of Fear by Gitty Daneshvari - middle grade - four students come to School of Fear to overcome their various overwhelming fears -9/10
3. School of Fear: Class is Not Dismissed by Gitty Daneshvari - middle grade - students return to School of Fear to help save the school and continue to work on overcoming their fears - 8/10
4. Fate & Consequences by Linda Wells - adult - Pride and Prejudice what if? novel - Darcy saves Georgiana from Wickham, but scandal spreads - the one joy is a chance meeting with a young lady named Elizabeth Bennett - 10/10
5. Ninth Ward by Jewell Parker Rhodes - middle grades - Hurricane Katrina through the eyes of a young girl and her friend working together to survive - 8/10
6. Ghost Dog Secrets by Peg Kehret - middle grade - young boy finds a dog being abused and is prompted to help by a ghost dog - 10/10
7. The Well by Mildred D. Taylor - middle grade - historical fiction, early 1900's Mississippi - story of a drought and black/white interactions - 10/10