Friday, June 26, 2009

Joys of Summer

I have to admit - summer is not one of my favorite seasons. While I enjoy having time off of work, I don't appreciate the higher temperatures, higher humidity, body baring clothing, and the all pervasive too cold air conditioning.

Last night though, was one to be enjoyed. My sister and her kids are visiting from MN and we went to our local summer festival together. Faith just loves her cousins - especially my niece just two years younger than her. This was the first year we got her a wristband for the rides - ride all rides from 5-10. I swear it was like she had died and gone to heaven! She and my niece were bouncing EVERYWHERE they were so excited! From the really big slide, to the mini-rollercoaster, to the bumper cars, to the carousel, and repeat. Thank goodness Dan came along to help supervise - my older nephew wanted to go on bigger kid rides, the girls were joined at the hip, and my little niece and nephew were still mostly stroller bound.

The only thing I regret is missing my brother's ball game - good thing it's a tournament so he's playing again - though that will mean more time on the rides for Faith! I wonder if it will as much fun without her cousins with her?

No comments: