Thursday, July 1, 2010

Humane Society

Everyone kept telling me that it wasn't a good idea to sign up my animal loving daughter for a week long summer camp at the local Humane Society. They kept saying that she would be bugging us for a pet continually. My family laughed and laughed because they know my oldest well and they know me even better.

Day 4 of camp is today. She's been begging for "her" dog all week - an Alaskan husky. When we finally convinced her that he was not a good choice for our family, she started begging for "her friend's" dog - a chocolate lab. We finally had to break down and tell her that we WILL NOT be adopting a dog from the shelter this week - no matter how cute they are or how friendly they are or how much fun they would have in our backyard or how much they would keep our oldest from being BORED. Nope, no dog. Now if I had my way, maybe a cat would come home...

But Dan says NO pets - at least not until the baby is two. Then we shall see!

No comments: