Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Far Away Friends

I had a great night last night. I met one of my best friends ever just to hang out. She lives in Buffalo and doesn't get home but once a year. You wouldn't think that bra shopping and going to Costco could make for a fun evening, but when you're with a best bud - anything can be fun!

It's interesting about people that you meet in life. Some people are super close to you for awhile and then they drift away; while other people are always in your life whether they live near or far. I wonder if technology makes it easier to stay connected to people or if it just fosters more superficial feelings of connectedness? Can you really be "friends" with all 300 people you might be linked to on Facebook or Myspace?

I have a few close friends that have been in my life since elementary school. No matter how far apart we've lived, we've been connected and a part of each other's lives. Over the years I've added and subtracted to my friend base but that base has always been there for me. Just wanted to say to all of you - it's appreciated!

No comments: